Stable, but may be moisture senstive. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents, alkalis, mineral acids.
532-32-1(CAS DataBase Reference)
White crystals or granules, or colorless powder with a sweet astringent taste. Soluble in water and ethanol, glycerin, methanol.
1. Used in the pharmaceutical industry and plant genetic research, also as dye intermediates, fungicides and preservatives
2. Preservatives; antimicrobial agents.
3. An important acid type feed preservative for sodium benzoate liquid chamber. Converted to an effective form of benzoic acid when used. See benzoic acid for the range of use and amount of use. In addition, it can also be used as a preservative for food.
4. Sodium benzoate is also an important acid type food preservative. Converted to an effective form of benzoic acid when used. See benzoic acid for the range of use and amount of use. In addition, it can also be used as a preservative for feed.
5. This product is used as a food additive (preservative), a fungicide for the pharmaceutical industry, a mordant for the dye industry, a plasticizer for the plastics industry, and an intermediate for organic synthesis such as perfumes.