Practically insoluble in water and in mineral acids except hydrofluoric acid. It dissolves in hot solutions of alkali hydroxides.
White to yellow
5-8 (100g/l, H2O, 20℃)(slurry)
7631-86-9(CAS DataBase Reference)
Hard glass transparent or translucent particles with an average particle size of about 5 mm. It has characteristics such as porosity and large specific surface area. At low relative humidity, there is a strong adsorption of water vapor. It has selective adsorption to certain harmful substances in the medium. Because it is spherical, the surface is smooth and the mechanical strength is high, it is not easy to be broken, and the resistance is small. Do not dissolve in water and inorganic acids (except hydrofluoric acid), soluble in caustic solution.
1. Moisture-proof adsorbent. Used for moisture-proof food; for the adsorption of high-molecular protein in fermented products during industrial fermentation; drying and purifying agents for various industrial gases (CO2, H2, O2, etc.).
2. Anti-caking agent; suspending agent; defoaming agent; carrier; thickener; filter aid for wheat syrup beverage, fruit wine, soy sauce, vinegar, refreshing beverage, clarifying agent, fragrance and fragrance adsorption desiccant.
GB 2760-90 is specified as processing aid
3. Widely used in metallurgy, refractory materials, chemicals, abrasives and construction industries
4. Used for bonding between glass planes such as picture tubes, projection tubes, and optical tubes and phosphors.
5. As anti-caking agent, it can be used as powder flavor in China. The maximum dosage is 80g/kg. It can also be used in milk powder, cocoa powder, egg powder, vegetable fat powder and instant coffee. The maximum usage is 15.0g/kg.
6. Used as a reinforcing agent for rubber, an opening agent for preventing adhesion of a plastic film, an anti-settling agent for a pigment, a matting agent for a coating, a viscosity adjusting agent, a pharmaceutical excipient, a catalyst carrier, and a cosmetic product.
7. Used as reinforcing filler for natural rubber and synthetic rubber, filler for synthetic resin, ink thickener, anti-precipitant for pigment in paint, matting agent, soft polishing agent for vehicles and metals, and anti-settling agent for emulsifier . It can also be used as a filler for pesticide carriers and lightweight newsprint.
8. Used as a color cable, wire sleeve, rubber transparent bottom filler. Also used as thickeners, thixotropic agents, anti-precipitants, matting agents, plastic opening agents, liquid drug adsorbents, cosmetics and papermaking fillers.