CAS No.: 118-90-1
Molecular formula: C8H8O2
Molecular weight: 136.15...
Related Categories: Organic acids; Pesticide Intermediates; Fungicide Intermediates; Amide Fungicides; Aromatic Hydrocarbons; Pharmaceutical Intermediates
1.062 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
Store below +30°C.
Needle-Like Crystalline Solid
Acidity coefficient (pKa)
White to slightly yellow
3.1 (H2O, 20℃)(saturated aqueous solution)
<0.1 g/100 mL at 19 ºC
Stable. Combustible. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents, strong bases.
118-90-1(CAS DataBase Reference)
White flammable prism or needle crystal. Slightly soluble in water, soluble in ethanol, ether and chloroform.
1. It is mainly used in the synthesis of pesticides, medicines and organic chemical raw materials. It is currently the main raw material for the production of herbicide rice and grass.
2. o-Methylbenzoic acid is an intermediate of fungicides such as rust-killing amine, phenoxystrobin, trifloxystrobin and herbicide bensulfuron-methyl.
3. It is used as an organic synthesis intermediate for pesticides and fungicides such as phosphoramide, perfume, vinyl chloride polymerization initiator MBPO, m-cresol, color film developer.
4. Used in organic synthesis intermediates, pesticide industry to prepare fungicide phosphoramide, can also be used in perfumery and film.
5. o-Methylbenzoic acid is an important intermediate for the synthesis of many fine chemicals, used in the preparation of initiator MBPO, fungicide phosphoramide, perfume, film and so on.
Rosuvastatin Methyl Ester
After 26 years business done, we have excellent knowledge in the Chinese market. We provide the best price/quality ratio to satisfy requirements of global market.