Related categories: organic raw materials; esters; herbicide intermediates; sulfonylurea herbicides; pesticide intermediates; food additives; food flavors (flavoring agents); pharmaceutical intermediates; general reagents;
1.055 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
5.52 (vs air)
1 mm Hg ( 40 °C)
2375 | DIETHYL MALONATE
Store below +30°C.
20.8g/l (External MSDS)
Acidity coefficient (pKa)
Miscible with ethyl alcohol, ether, chloroform and benzene. Slightly miscible with water.
Stable. Combustible. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents,
105-53-3(CAS DataBase Reference)
A colorless liquid with a sweet etheric odor. It is miscible with alcohol and ether and soluble in organic solvents such as chloroform and benzene. Slightly soluble in water. The solubility in water at 20 ° C was 2.08 g / 100 ml.
1. GB 2760-96 provides for the use of flavorants. It is mainly used to prepare fruit flavors such as pears, apples, grapes, and cherries.
2. Diethyl malonate is an important intermediate for the preparation of 2-amino-4,6-dimethoxypyrimidine, which can be used to prepare sulfonylurea herbicides, such as bensulfuron-methyl, pyrazosulfuron-methyl, and smoke. Sulfasulfuron, etc., is also an intermediate for sulfa drugs and barbital in medicine.
3. Diethyl malonate is an organic synthesis intermediate. It is widely used in the production of dyes, perfumes, sulfonylurea herbicides, etc., and diethyl malonate is mainly used in the production of ethoxylated, barbituric acid, diethyl malonate, and then synthesized drugs such as norfloxacin. Star, lomefloxacin, chloroquine, phenylbutazone, etc. and synthetic dyes and pigments such as benzimidazolone-based organic pigments. Foreign malonate is mainly used to produce ethoxylated, barbituric acid and diethyl malonate alkylate.
4. Pharmaceutical intermediates. It can be used to synthesize medicines such as sulfamethoxazole, barbital, chloroquine and phenylbutazone.
5. Characterize ammonia and potassium. Gas chromatographic fixative (maximum use temperature 40 ° C, solvent benzene, chloroform, ethanol). Solvent, plasticizer for resins and nitrocellulose. Organic Synthesis.
6. Used as an intermediate in pharmaceutical sulfonamides and barbital, as an intermediate for perfumes and dyes.