Miscible in ethyl acetate, alcohol, hexanes, methanol, diethyl ether, n-octanol, acetone benzene, carbon tetrachloride, diethyl ether and chloroform.
20 g/L (20 ºC)
75-09-2(CAS DataBase Reference)
Colorless transparent volatile liquid. Has a pungent odor similar to ether. Dissolved in about 50 times of water, soluble in phenol, aldehyde, ketone, glacial acetic acid, triethyl phosphate, ethyl acetoacetate, cyclohexylamine. Miscible with other chlorinated hydrocarbon solvents such as ethanol, diethyl ether and N,N-dimethylformamide.
It is a non-combustible low-boiling solvent. It is used as a solvent for cellulose acetate film formation, aerosols and antibiotics, vitamins. It is also used as an extractant, metal cleaner, etc.
1. Dichloromethane is the raw material for the production of the fungicides nitrile and imiprazole, and is also a good solvent.
2. In addition to organic synthesis, this product is also widely used as cellulose acetate film forming, cellulose triacetate spinning, petroleum dewaxing, aerosols and antibiotics, vitamins, solvents in the production of steroids, and metal surfaces. The paint layer is cleaned and degreased. In addition, it is also used for grain fumigation and refrigeration of low pressure freezer and air conditioning units. Used as an auxiliary blowing agent in the production of polyether urethane foams, and as a blowing agent for extruded polysulfone type foams.
3. Extraction solvent. Such as for extracting caffeine from coffee beans. It is also used as an extraction solvent for hops, spices and oleoresins. Pigment thinner.
4. Used as a solvent and also for organic synthesis
5. Used as a solvent in the resin and plastics industries. Widely used in medicine, plastics and film industries.
6. Cellulose acetate solvent. Fat and oil extractants. A substitute for ether and petroleum ether.